Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Frosty poem...

We had a very frosty morning in the Valley two weeks ago.  We went on a frosty walk and did some shared writing to create this wonderful poem.  The children in room 10 use some very interesting language...

FROST
Shiny, sparkling
Like a diamond on a ring
Ice on tables
Like icing on a chocolate cake
Chilly, freezing ice
Glittery, frosty grass
Crunching under our feet
Footprints in the ice
Children like freezing polar bears
Frost like icing sugar
Handprints in the ice
Icy dragon breath
Slippery like a skating rink
Ice like gladwrap covering Dunedin

By room 10

2 comments:

AJ said...

This is a very very clever poem Room 10. I will now think of it and smile to myself every time I walk on an icy morning!
Well done! AJ

Rowan said...

Hi Room 10. I really enjoyed reading your poem about frost. There certainly have been some cold and frosty mornings in the last few weeks! I hope Bailey and Harriet enjoyed their birthdays this week. Happy birthday to Oliver and Polly for next week. I look forward to seeing what else you all come up with during the rest of the year. Keep working hard for Mrs S.