Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Magic Caterpillar Transformation


We were so lucky on Tuesday at the beginning of lunchtime. Ava spied our caterpillar turning into a chrysalis. What a treat to see such an amazing change.

It was so impressive to watch it. Ava spotted the caterpillar turning into a chrysalis. Now there are two chrysalis on our monarch plant. It is very exciting to me. I wonder if Mrs S. is going to buy another caterpillar. The chrysalis is lime green. He did a dance to shake off is skin. I bounded to see the caterpillar turn into a chrysalis!
By Harriet

The caterpillar transformed into a chrysalis. Ava spied it. The caterpillar's skin fell off. It is cool because it will turn into a monarch butterfly.
By Hendrix

Can you spot the caterpillar's old skin in the photo?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt Thompson said...

I like monarch butterflies, they are so beautiful. I am sure when the butterfly finally evolves from its current form everyone will be happy.

I am realy impressed with the descritive language that the children in Room 10 are using. It must be great teaching.