Friday, November 13, 2009

Shadow poems at assembly

This afternoon we shared our shadow poems at assembly. We have been focussing on using adjectives and verbs to make our writing interesting to read. Here are some of our poems...

My shadow is an oval
My shadow is like an octopus
My shadow is black
My shadow can run and jump like a kangaroo
It is like a leopard running as fast as it can
Tom

Mt shadow is black
My shadow is long on the stairs
My shadow is like a spider
My shadow can run very fast like a cheetah
Caitlin

My shadow is shady
My shadow is thin
My shadow is like nana Betty's
My shadow can skip like a kangaroo
It jumps so high it touches the sky
My shadow is long like a snake
My shadow climbs trees like a koala bear
Phaedra

My crazy little shadow
Will always follow me
My shadow jumps really high
My special friend will follow me
He's my shadow
Matthew
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Room 10 your poems are great and you did such a nice job reading them during the assembly.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see a report of our great grandson's (Braden Ewers) achievement in writing and also the pictures of awards being given in spelling to a number of happy students. And to receive the reports in living color. Tom and Helen Burton, Ada,OK,USA